IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR EXISTING AMERICAN EXPRESS CREDIT CARDMEMBERS:
- Each Cardmember shall be entitled to hold one American Express Charge Card, one American Express Credit Card and one American Express Singapore Airlines Credit Card, issued by American Express International Inc. in Singapore. If you are holding more than one Card within each category*, inclusive of this application, it/they (including Supplementary Card(s)) will be cancelled upon approval of your new American Express Charge Card/Credit Card and/or Singapore Airlines Credit Card application.
Click here to view Charge/Credit Card categories.
*Note: With the exception of American Express® Blue/Gold Credit Card(s) which will be automaticallycancelled upon approval of your new American Express Credit Card/Singapore Airlines Credit Card application.
The following conditions apply if any of your existing Cards are cancelled as each Cardmembershall be entitled to one American Express Charge Card, one American Express Credit Card and one American Express Singapore Airlines Credit Card:
- Fees paid on the cancelled Credit Card(s) will be pro-rated, where applicable.
- Existing Supplementary Charge/Credit Card(s) of the cancelled basic Charge/Credit Card will automatically be cancelled upon approval of your new Charge/Credit Card application.
- If you are on recurring payment arrangements with any of your service provider(s) and other organisation(s) and wish to ensure that they are not disrupted, please contact the respective organisation(s) to provide your new Credit Card number.
- Any charges and/or outstanding balance will be transferred to the new Credit Card at our prevailing interest rate applicable to the new Credit Card. If you were enjoying a promotional rate on your Credit balance, the interest rate charged after transfer to the new Credit Card may be higher than thepromotional rate.
- Any Cash Back accrued will be forfeited.
- Any Membership Rewards points earned on your cancelled Credit Card will be forfeited on the date of Account termination unless you have an American Express Charge/Credit Card with a valid Membership Rewards account. Cardmembers will need to redeem any remaining Membership Rewards points earned prior to Card cancellation.
- By choosing to have more than one American Express Card, the overall credit limit assigned to you willbe split and assigned to each Basic Card Account that you maintain. You have the flexibility to change the limits assigned to each basic Card Account by contacting American Express upon approval of yournew Credit Card application.