For existing Card Member please read the following Important Information
- In general, each Card Member is allowed to hold one American Express Charge Card and up to two American Express Credit Cards (of which only one can be a American Express® Singapore Airlines Credit Card) issued by American Express in Singapore. If, with this current application, you will exceed the maximum number of Card(s) allowed within each category* (as determined by American Express in its sole and absolute discretion from time to time), then your existing Card in the corresponding category will be cancelled upon approval of this application.
If you currently hold the American Express® Blue Credit Card OR American Express® Gold Credit Card (earning Membership Rewards points), this will be automatically cancelled upon approval of your application for any new American Express Credit Card.
Click here to view Charge/Credit Card categories.
The following Terms and Conditions apply if any of your existing Credit and/or Charge Cards are cancelled, as set above:
- Existing Supplementary Charge/Credit Card(s) of the cancelled basic Charge/Credit Card will automatically be cancelled upon approval of your new Charge/Credit Card application.
- Fees paid on the cancelled Credit Card(s) will be pro-rated, where applicable.
- If you are on recurring payment arrangements with any of your service provider(s) and other organization(s) and wish to ensure that they are not disrupted, please contact the respective organization(s) to provide your new Credit Card number
- Any charges and/or outstanding balance will be transferred to the new Credit Card at our prevailing interest rate applicable to the new Credit Card. If you were enjoying a promotional rate on your Credit balance, the interest rate charged after transfer to the new Credit Card may be higher than thepromotional rate.
- Any Cash Back accrued will be forfeited.
- Any Membership Rewards points earned on your cancelled Credit Card will be forfeited on the date of Account termination unless you have an American Express Charge/Credit Card with a valid Membership Rewards account. Cardmembers will need to redeem any remaining Membership Rewards points earned prior to Card cancellation.
- By choosing to have more than one American Express Card, the overall credit limit assigned to you willbe split and assigned to each Basic Card Account that you maintain. You have the flexibility to change the limits assigned to each basic Card Account by contacting American Express upon approval of yournew Credit Card application.